Desire an expansive space where you can get away from it all and still be on your own property? Love fishing? Hunting? Ranching? Conservation? Interested in it for your own enjoyment and/or as investment and/or a business opportunity? Then I have a source for you!
I hereby pass along to you one my favorite “drooling” sites: Live Water Properties. They focus on ranches — fishing, hunting, dude, and working — and have a strong bent toward conservation along the way.
Gotta love that, right?
Note: I am no way associated or affiliated with Live Water Properties, LLC., I just really love their offerings and philosophy and have followed them for years. If you’re in the market for a ranch, give ’em a whirl.
The properties they handle are gorgeous and varied.
A few can be found in “my” MLS (see below for Colorado) and many cannot so be sure to check out their website for optimal drooling pleasure.
Live Water Properties handles ranches in California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, utah, Wyoming, and Internationally.
Here’s a sampling of their blog feed for your (and my) convenience.
You can find many more articles on their site under News / Blog.
- Gros Ventre Field Day with Trout UnlimitedGuest Blog by Leslie Steen of Jackson Hole Trout Unlimited On a crisp morning in August, a group of Trout Unlimited staff, board members and supporters gathered in the Home Ranch parking lot in downtown Jackson with an assortment of fishing gear, outdoors attire, and varying expectations of the day ... read more2 months ago
- Hire a Guide – The Value of a Live Water Broker4 months ago
- Personal Experiences in Buying and Selling RanchesThe post Personal Experiences in Buying and Selling Ranches appeared first on Live Water Properties. ... read more4 months ago
- Get to Know the Ranch Brokers of Live Water – Brian HartleyThe post Get to Know the Ranch Brokers of Live Water – Brian Hartley appeared first on Live Water Properties. ... read more5 months ago
- What Does it Take to Qualify as an Agricultural Property?Today, we’re seeing more and more properties come on the market that qualify as small farms or ranches. If you’re considering buying a property that has recreational benefits (hunting, fishing, horseback riding), but you’re looking for a way to take advantage of the tax benefits of owning a farm or ... read more5 months ago
- 2018 Mountain Hatch Report6 months ago
- How Stream Access Laws Affect a Landowner6 months ago
- Benefitting from Past Land UsesAs Ranch Brokers, we have the opportunity to visit, view, and represent some of the most beautiful properties in the west. Past land practices from over 100 years ago are still present on the properties telling a picture of how the property and region were utilized as the west was ... read more7 months ago
- The 2018 Jackson Hole Trout Unlimited Clean Up7 months ago
- Not Your Parents’ Portfolio – Value Investors Move to Real EstateWith the largest ever one-day price drop in the Dow of 1,175 points on February 5th, 2018 and market volatility finally creeping back into the public markets after being absent for almost eight years, some investors are wondering if their investment allocation will weather the future. It is easy for ... read more10 months ago
- Mentoring Young HuntersMy son turned 12 on November 1st, and we were lucky for him to draw some late season tags, one of which was a cow/calf tag in a Wyoming hunting unit close to our home. This is the story of his hunt, in his words. Happy Holidays and hope you ... read more1 year ago
- The Season for Selling Ranches ContinuesThings happen quickly when you live at 6,200 feet in elevation, specifically when it comes to the climate. Winter weather has a tendency to show up unexpectedly and before you know it, it is 60 degrees again and prime fishing weather. This year in particular we had a cold, wet ... read more1 year ago
- Discover OregonDiscover Oregon Oregon is home to some of the most beautiful and diverse land in the United States. Ranches for Sale in Oregon remain a priority and a value in the overall picture of recreational and ranching properties in the Western United States. Ranching on the Eastern side of Oregon ... read more1 year ago
- Investing in Income Producing Ranches and FarmsSince the Great Recession, and with the advent of near-zero interest rates, we encounter more buyers who are looking for income producing ranches and farms. In the early years of Live Water Properties, the buyers we worked with always wanted to know the expenses—taxes, insurance, etc.—associated with ranches they were ... read more1 year ago
- The New Face of the Ranch and Recreational Land BuyerThe only real constant in life is change. That is definitely the case with the ranch and recreational land buyer. Buyers are buying younger, are more trend conscious, and have different desires than ever before. Don’t get me wrong, we still see folks that are looking for a RANCH: horses, ... read more1 year ago
- Life Lessons I Learned from 4-H1 year ago
- Branding with Your Boots On1 year ago
- Montana Ranch Buyer’s GuideThis year marks my 30th as a Montana ranch broker. Over my career I have seen significant changes in the real estate industry. Technology provides the tools for quick access to information, enables communication from virtually anywhere at any time, and enhances productivity by a substantial margin. Tasks that once ... read more1 year ago
- A Weekend at Half Moon Lake Lodge1 year ago